The revised Code and standards were developed and recommended by the Ethics Task Force, with additional input from the Academy's Board of Governors, journal editors, and individual members who have contributed ideas and proposals throughout the years. The aspirational principles and guidelines are taken from our current Code and the enforced standards are largely adapted from the codes of other professional associations whose scientific principles are similar to ours. In this sense, the revised Code is not really new.
Articles in this section
- Why is this change being introduced?
- What do we hope to achieve with a revised Code and ethics program?
- What are the basic policies and procedures for handling an ethics complaint?
- To whom does the revised Code apply?
- Is the Academy experiencing many ethics problems?
- How were the revised Code and standards developed?
Article is closed for comments.