The Code applies to Academy members and nonmembers participating in Academy activities. The decision to set boundaries within the confines of AOM activities was not an arbitrary one. It recognizes where the Academy has authority and respects the problem resolution jurisdictions of other non-AOM entities such as Universities (as employers), independent organizations, and the legal system. Member activities outside of the Academy are not covered by the Code but guidance, education, and referral services are available.
Articles in this section
- Why is this change being introduced?
- What do we hope to achieve with an updated Code?
- What are the basic policies and procedures for handling an ethics complaint?
- To whom does the Code of Ethics apply?
- Is the Code of Ethics new?
- Is the Academy experiencing many ethics problems?
- How were the updated Code and standards developed?