The Academy supports the direct expense of the December and April Board meetings. Since board members attend the August meeting as a part of their own professional activities, the Academy only provides accommodations for the week and meals during the Board meeting. As a voluntary nonprofit association, the Academy relies heavily upon the support of members' institutions and in-kind services.
Articles in this section
- Who covers the cost of participating on the Board?
- When does the Board of Governors meet?
- What is the role of the Board of Governors?
- What is the role of the Board liaison to a committee or task force?
- What is the role of a task force?
- What are the types and roles of committees?
- What are the roles of the officers?
- What are the responsibilities of Board members?
- How is the Board of Governors structured?
- How is business brought to the attention of the Board?