Permission is NOT required for the following:
• One time classroom usage, including usage of AOM content in a dissertation as long as the dissertation is not sold for commercial distribution and/or for monetary gain. Appropriate citation to the original content must be clearly provided.
• "Fair Use" broadly defined as the small amounts of text (i.e. consecutive text of less than 400 words, or 800 words from a single article) for the purposes of criticism or comment of the article in question, provided that the new work (article or chapter) does not become a substitute for, or make the purchase unnecessary of the original copyrighted work.
• Republication of materials published in the Academy of Management Proceedings. Appropriate citation to the original content must be clearly provided.
• Republication of article abstracts. Appropriate citation to the original content must be clearly provided.
• Authors of the original content in AOM publications do not need permission to:
--- i. The right to make and distribute copies, of all or part of the manuscript, for the Author(s), own use in teaching, research or for internal distribution within the institution/company that employs the Author(s), provided that such copies are not resold.
--- ii. The right to use, after publication in the journal, all or part of the material from the manuscript in a book or collection of works in which you are the Author(s) or Editor(s).
--- iii. The right, after publication of the journal, to post your manuscript to your individual website or personal university website.