No, the order of presentations should not be changed. Instead, maintain the same order and just skip that presentation. The order of the presentations is published in the program and attendees may choose to attend part of a session based upon the order in which the papers are expected to be presented.
Articles in this section
- What if no one is prepared for the session, doesn’t read the papers in advance, or you can’t reach the author prior to the session to review his/her paper?
- Can an author presenting in a session also be designated as the chair/discussant of the session?
- What if there is a paper that is designated as a “Best Paper” on the program, should I highlight it?
- Should I ask the audience to help lead the session?
- What if the audience is not responsive?
- What if the audience is argumentative?
- What if the conversation goes over the allocated time?
- What if the paper is not available online and I cannot review it prior to the session?
- If an author/presenter can’t attend, should I change the order of presentations?
- What if the author/presenter doesn’t show up?