Vancouver is an incredible host to AOM. Vancouver is also one of the most attractive conference locations for AOM and other associations which makes it difficult to secure for a meeting of our size and scale. The AOM Annual Meeting is considered a citywide conference and therefore must be booked seven to ten years in advance. We are contractually bound to the city of Philadelphia in 2021 and to other cities through 2028.
Articles in this section
- What are the events that led to deciding to cancel the physical 80th Annual Meeting and transitioning to virtual?
- What is at stake for the 2020 Annual Meeting?
- What factors did the Board consider at the April meeting, and how do those factors influence the Board’s 7 May decision?
- Can the Annual Meeting ‘go virtual’ in its entirety?
- Can the 2020 Annual Meeting be postponed?
- Can we transfer the content from 2020 to the 2021 program?
- Can we hold next year’s conference in Vancouver?
- Some Divisions and Interest Groups are already saying they will offer virtual sessions. Will all DIGs offer virtual sessions and make the decisions about which ones?
- Will AOM suspend or pause program development and tasks for Division and Interest Group and other program volunteers?