There is no doubt a renewed appetite for physical meetings with their associated venue, travel, and accommodation costs. These have the potential to again be very satisfying meetings. However, in-person meetings are unaffordable for some. Others may be limited by national travel restrictions or not be quite ready for travel or congregating in large groups. We are working hard and learning to employ good technology and careful design along with a real commitment to creating a quality hybrid meeting that is an accessible experience for all participants. With time, if we can overcome the inherent cost issues through rapid gains in technological innovation, and also generate the confidence and demand from attendees and sponsors that we need, the resulting sustainability of the hybrid model will transcend geographic and technological boundaries. This is our commitment. This is our goal.
Articles in this section
- Do all presenters and session participants have to register for the Annual Meeting?
- What is the registration fee for the AOM 2022 Annual Meeting?
- Why is the conference fee higher than past physical Annual Meetings or the previous two virtual Annual Meetings?
- Is the conference fee the same for both in-person and virtual attendees?
- I don’t have the funds for the registration fees, what should I do?
- What does the registration fee include?
- What if I switch my participation from virtual to in-person or vice versa?
- Can I still register/bring a guest to the conference?
- What’s included in the costs to run a hybrid conference?
- How was the fee determined?